Rural Senior Services
- The 4th Street Diner is available for any person 60 years of age and older and their spouse, regardless of age.
- Home Delivered Meals are available for any person 60 years of age and older who is homebound because of illness, has physical or mental challenges, or is isolated in some capacity.
- Individuals under age 60 are welcome. Guests under 60 are required to pay the full cost of the meal.
Would you like to make your childcare business more profitable by earning extra money each month? If parents of each child in your care offered you an extra $530 each year to care for their child, would you take the money? That is the same financial effect you will see by participating in HACAP's Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)!
CACFP is offered free of charge to providers whose childcare development home is registered with the State of Iowa. It is a federally funded program that offers financial reimbursement to providers serving nutritious meals to children in their care. The program also offers free nutrition training, in-home provider support, professional development, and fast, easy, paperless online claiming.
If you are a home care provider and interested in participating in CACFP, please contact us at email@example.com. or call us at (319) 739-0600.
Basic requirements to enroll in the CACFP Homes program include:
- Registration with the State of Iowa as a Child Development Home.
- Willingness to provide all children with nutritious meals and snacks.
Family and Community Health Alliance
Eligibility for many of our programs is linked to the annually updated Federal poverty guidelines. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) provides a simplified version of the poverty threshold developed by the U.S. Census Bureau. Poverty thresholds are developed using economic data, the Consumer Price Index, and household size to estimate an annual income necessary to meet essential needs for all members of a family.
In addition to household size and income, each program has specific criteria. For a detailed explanation of each program, contact one of our service centers or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.