How to Apply
- IDENTIFICATION: Social Security cards for everyone in the household or valid Iowa driver's license
- WATER BILL: Current water bill (if up for disconnection)
- UTILITY AUTHORIZATION RELEASE: Only if utilities are not under your name
- HEATING/ELECTRIC BILL: Your most current heat and electric bill
- INCOME PROOF: Wages, salary, Social Security, SSI, or past year Federal tax form
Please download or pick up a paper application at any of the office locations listed below. Return your completed paper application to the nearest Energy Assistance Office (see below). Due to COVID-19, we are unable to meet clients in person. Drop-off boxes will be placed outside each site for application submissions. Applications can also be mailed to HACAP Energy Assistance at PO Box 490, Hiawatha, IA 52233 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIHEAP (Energy Assistance)
The current season for Energy Assistance ended on April 30th. Elderly and disabled individuals will be able to apply again October 1, 2022 and everyone else November 1, 2022.