WHEN TO APPLY
- Applications will be accepted (November 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022)
Download a paper application.
Please remember to attach the following documents.
- IDENTIFICATION: Social Security cards for everyone in household or valid Iowa Driver's License
- HEATING/ELECTRIC BILL: Your most current heat and electric bill.
- INCOME PROOF: Wages, Salary, Social Security or SSI, past year Federal Tax Form
- UTILITY AUTHORIZATION RELEASE: Only if utilities are not under your name.
Return completed paper applications to your nearest Energy Assistance Office (see list below).
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to meet clients in person. Drop off boxes will be placed outside each site for application submissions.
Linn County (Urban Office) - 1328 2nd Ave, SE Cedar Rapids, IA | 319-366-7632
Linn County (Inn Circle) - 5560 6th St. SW Cedar Rapids, IA | 319-739-0100
Johnson County - 367 Southgate Ave, Iowa City, IA | 319-337-5765
Dubuque County - 220 West 7th St., Dubuque, IA | 563-556-5130
Washington County - 2175 Lexington Blvd Bldg 1, Washington, IA | 319-653-7275
Benton County - 202 E 4th Street, Vinton, IA | 319-472-4761
Jones County - 105 Broadway place Suite 17, Anamosa, IA | 319-462-4343
Jackson County - 904 E Quarry Street, Maquoketa, IA | 563-652-5197
Delaware County - 721 S 5th St., Manchester, IA 52057 | 563-927-4629
Iowa County - No location available. Please call 319-366-7631, ext. 1502
Or, applications may also be submitted by mail to HACAP Energy Assistance at PO Box 490, Hiawatha, IA 52233 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.