Are You or a Veteran You Know at Risk of Homelessness?
- Are you currently living with someone because you can't afford to rent or own a home of your own?
- Have you had trouble finding or holding a job?
- Do you have a physical or mental condition that makes it difficult to keep a steady job?
- Do employers say you don't have the skills or education they are looking for?
- Are you struggling with an alcohol or substance abuse problem?
- Have service-related injuries made returning to civilian life difficult?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, or are simply feeling worried about your housing situation or that of a Veteran you know, SSVF can help.
- Must be a Veteran or have a Veteran in the household
- Must have had at least 1 day of active duty
- Must meet income guidelines
- Can serve any discharge status other than dishonorable
- Live in Linn, Johnson, Benton, Iowa, or Jones County
Items You Will Need
- DD 214
- Proof of income
- ID's and Social Security Cards for everyone in the household
- If you don't have some or any of these items, don't worry, we can help you get them!