HACAP Food Reservoir COVID-19 Response
Designated an essential service by Governor Kim Reynolds and the State of Iowa, HACAP Food Reservoir has mobilized to feed children, families, and all of our neighbors in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the unprecedented pandemic causes our local and global economies to come to a halt, we’re continuing to see unemployment skyrocket at an alarming rate. Even before the crisis, many eastern Iowa residents were struggling to make ends meet, and now many more are experiencing crippling financial hardship, especially with schools and so many businesses forced to close. In the weeks and months to come, we expect to face even greater challenges.
HACAP Food Reservoir is committed to feeding everyone who was relying on us before the crisis, and to meeting the increasing need as the devastating economic impact of COVID-19 continues to shape our new reality. We’re also working hard to ensure that, while schools are closed, children are fed and their families can always put meals on their tables.
How We’re Responding
- We are taking extra measures to keep our teams and partners healthy in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are continuing to rescue and provide food free of charge.
- We are purchasing additional food to support emergency food distributions
- We are partnering with schools to feed families who have lost access to school meals.
- We are identifying pockets of unmet need for special mobile distributions.
- We are equipping vulnerable neighbors to find the food they need through our “Find a Food Pantry” Map.
How You Can Help
• Support Our Efforts
• Spread the word
- 351, 725 pounds of food distributed
- 3,500 families served
- 5 emergency pantries at neighborhood resource centers
- 2,375 food boxes
Thank you for partnering with us to build stronger communtiies during these difficult times. We depend on you. We are committed to meeting the need for meals and we need your help to help fill every cupboard. Together we will weather this tough time.