Please complete the application below and upload pictures of the following items listed below.
Head Start is a free preschool experience for income eligible families. In order for a Head Start application to be completed and processed and the child put on a waiting list, income verification is needed showing 12 months of income for parents listed in the household. Below are different ways that income can be verified. A picture of any of the documents can be uploaded at the end of this application.
- Federal tax return forms for 2019
- Pay stubs for the last 12 months
- Printout from your employer on company letterhead
- SSI benefits - award letter, copy of monthly check, or bank statement if direct deposited
- Child Support/Alimony - printout
- Iowa Workforce - printout for the past 5 quarters
- FIP - printout showing any benefits for the previous 12 months
- College Students - scholarships or grants
- Copy of VISA if unable to work
For questions and more information regarding Head Start applications, please email Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (319) 393-7811 and press 4 to speak with one of our staff members during our regular business hours Mon-Fri 8:00am -5:00pm.